Following the fast growth of the semiconductor technology, power electronic devices like MOSFETs and IGBTs have seen big changes during the past years. Modern semiconductor components allow switching of high powers with higher working voltages, higher operating frequencies and lower losses. At the same time they require complex and performing new driving circuits. UTK Component drive transformer are an outgrowth of the standard pulse transformers, optimised in the choice of the materials and manufacturing techniques to give superior performance in terms of switching speed, low transition times and form fidelity, in MOSFET and IGBT drive circuits. They give also safe and reliable galvanic isolation, according to international standards, with high working voltages.
UTK drive transformers have the following characteristics.
- Compact construction. They are vacuum-filled and encapsulated in plastic box made with self extinguis- hing material UL94-HB, suitable for the application on high density PCBs.
- Availability in a standard temperature range ( 0+80°) or an extended range
- Safe and reliable galvanic insulation
- Excellent magnetic coupling between the primary and secondary winding, which provides high fidelity in the transmission of the driving pulse
- Low magnetising current.
- Transmission of high instantaneous power values
- Working frequencies up to 200 KHz, with near-zero propagation times
- Low losses.
- Maximum working voltage up to 1KV. Dielectric strength tests are conducted according to the international standards EN61558 and EN60950.
A wide range of standard products is available for the driving of low to high power devices. In order to satisfy specific requirements UTK Component can develop special products according to the customers' needs.
UTK Component controls closely the production during the process and at the end of it, granting the quality and reliability of the product. The carried out tests include:
- Visual inspection
- Pinout and polarity check
- Value of the reference parameters ( n, Lp, Ld, Ck, Rp, Rs)
- Dielectric strength